da Silva Júnior Group
Organic and Medicinal chemistry
Figure designed by freepik.com
Eufrânio N. da Silva Júnior received his degree in Chemistry from the Catholic University of Brasília (UCB). In 2007, he completed his MSc at the Fluminense Federal University (UFF), and in 2009, he concluded his PhD at the University of Brasilia (UnB). In 2010, he was appointed Adjunct Professor and in 2018 Associate Professor at the Federal University of Minas Gerais (UFMG). He is a member of the Brazilian Chemical Society and the Royal Society of Chemistry. He was Visiting Professor at University of Bristol (UK) in 2016 and Universität Göttingen - Georg-August-Universität Göttingen (Germany) in 2018-2019. His research interests are focused on Synthetic Organic Chemistry and Medicinal Chemistry, click chemistry, C-H activation reactions, asymmetric organocatalysis, mechanistic investigations, and the synthesis of heterocyclic and naphthoquinoidal bioactive compounds. Currently, he is also interested in obtaining fluorescent substances for the study of their pharmacological and DNA-binding properties. He has authored 131 scientific publications.
- 2023: Nomeado Fellow da Royal Society of Chemistry, RSC, UK.
- 2022: Chair of the 18th Brazilian Meeting of Organic Synthesis (18th BMOS), Tiradentes, MG
- 2021: The following article has been selected by the editors as the most outstanding review article, Chem. Eur. J., 2021, 27, 12, Wiley.
- 2021: Guest Editor of the Special issue. The Brazilian Meeting on Organic Synthesis - The Chemical Record (doi.org/10.1002/tcr.202100247), Wiley
- 2021: Journal of Medicinal Chemistry Early Career Advisory Board, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry - American Chemical Society
- 2020: Eleito Membro Afiliado da Academia Brasileira de Ciências (Affiliate member of the Brazilian Academy of Sciences).
- 2020: WUN Research Development Fund 2019 round, Worldwide Universities Network (WUN).
- 2020: RSC Research Fund grant, Royal Society of Chemistry.
- 2020: Return fellowship, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
- 2019: Finalista no X Prêmio Octavio Frias de Oliveira na modalidade 'Inovação Tecnológica em Oncologia'. Prêmio reconhecido pelo Instituto do Câncer do Estado de São Paulo.
- 2019: CNPq-SBQ-RSC Brazilian Chemistry Certificate of Distinction, National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (CNPq), Brazilian Chemical Society and Royal Society of Chemistry.
- 2019: PRÊMIO UFMG DE TESES - Pela orientação da Tese de autoria de Guilherme A. M. Jardim agraciado com o Prêmio UFMG de Teses de 2019 - Melhor Tese do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Química, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- 2019: GRANDE PRÊMIO UFMG DE TESES - Pela orientação de Guilherme A. M. Jardim, agraciado com Menção Honrosa no Grande Prêmio UFMG de Teses - Ciências Exatas e da Terra e Engenharias, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- 2019: Editorial Advisory Board, Current Nutraceuticals, Bentham Science.
- 2018: Humboldt Research Fellowship for experienced researchers, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (Visiting Professor at Universität Göttingen - Georg-August-Universität Göttingen - Germany). Host: Prof. Dr. Lutz Ackermann.
- 2018: Admitted as 'Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry' (MRSC), Royal Society of Chemistry.
- 2018: Themed collection 'Contributors to the emerging investigators issue 2018'. DOI: 10.1039/c7cs90132a, Chemical Society Reviews - Royal Society of Chemistry.
- 2018: Themed collection: Probes for in vitro and in vivo fluorescence imaging (Chem. Soc. Rev., 2018, 47, 12-27 - DOI: 10.1039/C7CS00553A), Royal Society of Chemistry.
- 2018: Themed collection SBQ-RSC: Celebrating UK-Brazil collaborations, Royal Society of Chemistry.
- 2017: MedChemComm New Talent: Americas (This themed issue showcases some of the top research from emerging investigators from the Americas).
- 2017: Prêmio Destaque em Pesquisa 2017 na categoria Jovem Talento. Em reconhecimento por contribuição científica e excelência em pesquisa no estado de Minas Gerais, Sociedade Brasileira de Química.
- 2015: BMOS/RSC Young Investigator Award, Royal Society of Chemistry and Brazilian Meeting on Organic Synthesis.
- 2015: Editorial Advisory Board, Chemical Data Collections, Elsevier.
- 2015: JWT Jones Travelling Fellowship, Royal Society of Chemistry (Visiting Professor at Bristol University - UK). Host: Prof. Dr. John Bower.
- 2014: 'Hot Topics' - Click Chemistry, Wiley-VCH - Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2015, 703-709.
- 2013: European Journal of Organic Chemistry, Top 25 most-accessed - Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2013, 228-255.
- 2012: Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Top 25 Cited Author 2010 to 2011 - Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2010, 18, 3224-3230.
- Papers selected as Cover:
1. Chem. Res. Toxicol., 2023, 36, 66-82.
2. CrystEngComm, 2022, 24, 6628-6641.
3. J. Braz. Chem. Soc., 2021, 32, 917-952.
4. CrystEngComm, 2021, 23, 1885-1897.
5. J. Org. Chem., 2020, 85, 8825-8843.
6. RSC Med. Chem., 2020, 11, 1145-1160.
7. Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2020, 4474-4486.
8. Catal. Sci. Technol., 2019, 9, 2742-2748.
8. Chem. Soc. Rev., 2018, 47, 1-1.
10. Chem. Sci., 2018, 9, 6899-6903.
11. Chem. Commun., 2018, 54, 7398-7411.
12. Chem. Eur. J., 2018, 24, 15227-15235.
13. Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2017, 3763-3773.
14. New J. Chem., 2017, 41, 3691-4244.
15. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2017, 19, 3473-3479.
16. Med. Chem. Commun., 2016, 7, 1453-1454.
17. Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 6973-6976.
18. J. Braz. Chem. Soc., 2013, 24, 145-163.
19. J. Braz. Chem. Soc., 2012, 23, 770-781.
Web of Science ResearcherID - AAQ-6570-2020
ORCID iD - https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1281-5453